Thursday, September 4, 2008

"How I Learned About the Power of Writing"

This article was my favorite out of the three because I felt I could relate and agree to this article. As a child my parents were very involved with my learning process. Although unlike this story where Richard's grandmother teaches him, and encourages him through school, I still had my parents to encourage me and support me. He began reading at three years old, which I find to be amazing because I believe the earlier you start the better, and if it was a positive experience when you were younger then you are more likely to like it when you are older. It was motivating that he was able to read such complex things such as the murder story in the newspaper at such a young age. I felt I was able to connect with this article and it would easy for others to as well.

No comments: